Firefighters from Tenby were tasked with tackling a fire that broke out at the seaside town’s harbour yesterday afternoon during the busy Easter holidays.
Shortly after 5 pm, on Wednesday, April 5, the Tenby fire crew were called to an incident on St Julian’s Street, nearby the harbour.
A fire had started within a bedroom of a basement apartment of a five-storey building of mixed commercial and domestic use that overlooks Castle Beach and the picturesque harbour area.
Four breathing apparatus sets, two hose reel jets, one safety jet and two thermal imaging cameras were used to extinguish the fire.
All persons were accounted for and the incident was handed over to the property management company. The cause of the fire was accidental.
The fire broke out as the operation was taking place nearby to return the boats to the harbour waters.
The fire crews left the scene at 7.11 pm.