Graffiti continues to cause concerns for community councils

By Paul Evans   |   Content editor   |
Wednesday 16th February 2022 8:15 am
[email protected]
Graffiti in Tenby
Some of the graffiti that has popped up on Tenby’s North Beach (Observer pic )

Subscribe newsletter

Subscribe to our email and get updates right in your inbox.

Local councillors have raised concerns with local policing teams regarding a spate of vandalism and graffiti across Tenby, Saundersfoot, Penally and Manorbier.

Graffiti being sprayed on walls and buildings around the coastal towns and beaches has been prominent of late, and back over the Christmas period, two juveniles were apprehended by local police after being caught suspected of causing criminal damage to the sea defences on one of Tenby’s beaches.

Pembrokeshire County Council maintenance staff went onto conduct a spruce-up of areas where offending graffiti had been sprayed, but despite warning issued by local police, the criminal damage has continued into 2022.

Commenting on the matter in a recent report to Penally Community Council, county councillor for the ward St Mary Out Liberty (New Hedges) Clr. Jon Preston said: “It is thought the damage is being caused by the same group or individual. Similar images have been scrawled with aerosol paint in our bus stops and also the substation on School Lane.

“The Police are handling this situation, but I would ask anyone who may see anything suspicious to contact Tenby Police or myself.

“Judging by the nature of what is being sprayed it is likely the group is made up of younger teenagers who have some means of travelling around the locality.

“As in most of these cases the law catches up with the offenders. This sort of vandalism can leave some tell tale signs that parents can look out for i.e., paint marks on hands and clothes or the smell of aerosol paint.

“I must pass my thanks on to Clr. Phil Baker who lives at the other end of the ward and has repainted over damage to the Bus Stop at Cwm Gwennol several times over the last few weeks,” added Clr. Preston.

Anyone who needs to report anything in their area are asked to please contact police via their online reporting system at: or by calling 101.


To leave a comment you need to create an account. |

All comments 0