County Council teams are experiencing difficulties with motorists driving too fast for the condition and ignoring warning signs, says today’s Situation Update.
Please be mindful and heed warning signs. Do not drive through flood waters
- Yellow Warning of Rain and Wind issued for Pembrokeshire. Met Office: Warnings and Advice (opens in a new tab)
- The high level of expected rainfall could potentially lead to surface water flooding and river flooding with rain falling on already saturated ground and rivers reacting fast following prolonged rainfall period. Rainfall is due to ease during the day
- Wind speed could lead to damage and result in trees / branches falling and leading to difficult driving conditions. However end time of the warning have been brought forward and expected wind gusts reduced slightly.
- Severe flood warning issued by NRW for the river Ritec with evacuation of Kiln Park
- Widespread Flood Alerts issued by NRW for all rivers in Pembrokeshire
- Flooding experienced at 3 properties in Angle – Fire Service in attendance
Roads – hazardous conditions experienced on the road network throughout Pembrokeshire
- B4318 from Gumfreston to Tenby is closed and will remain closed as long as the severe flood warning is in place at the Ritec.
- A number of areas are experiencing surface water flooding due to amount of rainfall compounded by blocked drains. Surface water flooding on road network at:
- Saundersfoot, Coppet Hall
- One lane of the A4139 is currently flooded outside Kiln Park Garage, Tenby. Partial closure of road.
- Angle Village
- Hayston Bridge/Scoveston
- Heath Close, Johnston
- Clarbeston Village C3136
- There may be partial closure to high sided this morning as the wind veers to a more critical westerly direction. Cleddau Bridge
- Social care Day Centres will be closed today
- Homeless shelter arrangements are in place