Neyland blaze extinguished quickly by fire crews

Monday 18th October 2021 1:20 pm
[email protected]
Share
stock image ()

Subscribe newsletter

Subscribe to our email and get updates right in your inbox.

The quick actions of local firefighters spared other properties from being damaged after fire started spreading from a residential garage in Neyland last week.

Last Friday at 10 am, Milford Haven, Haverfordwest and Pembroke Dock fire appliances attended to a report of a residential fire in Neyland. Upon arrival just 10 minutes later, crews extinguished a well-developed garage fire which had started to spread to the house attached.

Station Manager Andy Postlethwaite, of Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service added,

“Fire crews were faced with a well-developed fire in an attached garage which had spread internally to the rear of the property. One person had suffered smoke inhalation and was out of the property upon arrival. First aid was provided by the fire service crews at the scene. The fire was extinguished in a very short time and no other properties were affected due to the quick response and actions of the crews who attended.”

Neil Evans, Deputy Head of Community Safety of Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service added,

“This incident demonstrates the speed at which fire can spread. To stay safe from fire we ask that all homes have a working smoke alarm, smoke alarms are sensitive simple devices that provide early warning in the event of a fire, which do save lives. We as a service offer a home fire safety visit, which is free of charge, where we provide advice and guidance on home safety along with providing free smoke alarms if required. You can book your visit by calling us on 0800 169 1234 or by visiting www.mawwfire.gov.uk”.

All crews resumed from the scene at 11:56 hours. Police were also in attendance.

Comments

To leave a comment you need to create an account. |

All comments 0